Beginning With A Blank Page
Each year, Rooftop students determine the direction of study based on personal passions, sparked interests and synchronicity. The Archive/Opera Portfolio page is created to document and share these very special projects.
2017 Projects @ The Studio
The Rooftop Artchives by ArtsEd4All
- “Sansei Girl,” an audio storybook by and for the Rooftop Community
- “Read the Constitution,” a banner for the Internet Archive
The Twin Peaks Archive by 8th grade students.
- “Open The Door: The Rooftop Raven Mural” Design concept by 8-2 students – Jude, Lua, Stella, Jasper, Max, Alissa, Xaviera and Camilla – working with Jane Kim of Ink Dwell, with additional support from 8th & 5th grade.
- The Mayeda Campus Rooftop Garden, established by 8th graders working at The Studio @ Mayeda.
- The Alice Eastwood Archive by Kai
Fun & Games Archive by 6th, 7th & 8th graders
- #TakeTenOutdoors A student film campaign for the Children’s Outdoor Bill of Rights by students from 8-1 – Ben, Braeden, Caitlin, Emi, Justin, Kate, Kyle, Tristan, with screening at SFMOMA for the SFUSD Arts Festival.
The Daily Planet Archive
- The Shack Cast – A Podcast Series by Emmy, Samuel & Connor
- #RooftopWizdom by Derek
The Hamilton Archive by students in 7A & 7B
- Articles & Amendments, a flag sewn by 7th graders working with Judy Toupin
- The March for Science Parade at the SF Middle School Maker Fair
- The Infinity Poem